Navbar

aboutwhy redux?generation oneg2-beast erarid-moviesclassics-animatedafajapanese

Friday, October 19, 2012

Impossible Toys Alicon (or Allicon if you wish)


For being a movie based solely on trying to sell toys to kids, the 1986 Transformers animated movie sure missed the boat in a lot of categories. There were so many characters (some pretty major) that never received a toy in any fashion. Arcee, Unicron, the Lithonians, all the Quintessons and of course the Allicon. Back when I was small, this was the figure I wanted more than any other to go with my Sharkticon. And of course before the advent of the internet or any kind of fan-based information sharing I had no idea if the figure would ever be released or not. Even after years had passed I still longed for an Allicon and on more than one occasion dreamed about working up plans on creating one. Fortunately I no longer have to worry about that.

Impossible Toys to the rescue! Even though they haven't had the greatest track record creating third party Transformers figures, they really do fill the holes.


This figure is just about dead-on to his appearance in the movie (which is more than I can say for a lot of other movie figures) so you immediately know who it is if you are familiar with the source material. And the alt-mode is even better. As much of an alligator as the Sharkticon is a shark it really fits in to the Quintesson aesthetic.


Like most G1 figures he has a very simplistic transformation, again right on par with the Sharkticon. In case anyone hasn't figured it out (and as Botch so appropriately put it) this is supposed to be a G1 figure and not a modern interpretation. He's supposed to be a little blocky and articulated. Otherwise he would stand out like a sore thumb. I do wish he was a little shorter though, in the movie they came off as a little stubbier but I'm willing to overlook that minor detail.



He also works amazingly well with the other movie figures if you would like to re-create scenes from the movie like I have a bad habit of doing.


And since Impossible Toys also gave us the other Quintessons, it makes sense to show them all in a big happy family scene.



So thank you Impossible Toys for finally giving me what my 6-year old self always wanted. (Now just reduce the price if you don't mind so I can buy about 20 of them :)

2 comments:

  1. The price is what is holding me back. I got those 2 Quintessons for around $20 each so I guess I'm a bit spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did as well, but I couldn't resist the lure of the Allicon at full price!

      Delete