Navbar

aboutwhy redux?generation oneg2-beast erarid-moviesclassics-animatedafajapanese

Friday, September 30, 2011

Beast Wars Revisited: Part 5 of 5

I had the good fortune of obtaining some nice vintage Japanese Beast Wars last week so I thought I might be a good idea to do a mini-series on them. There is nothing really spectacular about any of these figures other than the fact they are different from their domestic release counterparts and thus interesting to me.

Part 5: Beast Wars Telemocha TM-10 Wolfang

The only real reason behind the purchase of Wolfang here was the awesome paint deco. The American version of this figure was basically just a grey wolf with green eyes. The Telemocha version takes it to a whole 'nother level making this guy look like some kind of awesome snow wolf! The only downside is he is a Destron, rather than a Maximal which makes him hard to place in my display. I originally bought him thinking he was a Cybertron and he could go with my Beast Wars II Cybertrons, and I may still keep him there as some sort of double agent, a la Doubledealer.

I was also thinking it would be cool to put this guy together with Survive, Skywarp and Bighorn to create a new faction of Native American inspired Maximals.

Regular mode
Battle mode!
The paint detail really makes it.
I love how it transitions from brown to white.
You can see the major differences here.
Like I said, a whole 'nother level.

No comments:

Post a Comment