Navbar

aboutwhy redux?generation oneg2-beast erarid-moviesclassics-animatedafajapanese

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Generation One Dutch Poster Catalog

I picked up this very interesting piece of paperwork a few months ago, I thought it was a beautiful representation of the '86 and '87 figures. When folded up it is 6" x 9", which is still pretty large for a catalog. Unfolded it is 18" x 24", quite large indeed. Though there are some oddities of note on here that I found interesting.

It appears as this catalog was released in transition sometime between 1986 and 1987. The reason I believe this is because you can see the 1986 combiner teams were in the original photos with the '87 teams, but they were cropped out before the pictures were added.






 Also of note is the Targetmasters...notice anything odd?






The targetmaster partners for Hot Rod, Blurr, Kup, Cyclonus and Scourge have been replaced by various other targetmasters. Perhaps the partners weren't ready for these figures yet or perhaps they hadn't arrived for photography and the catalog makers were using the non-targetmaster versions for the photography. The holes on Hot Rod and Blurr's hands look like the small versions. Also notice Blurr's robot mode doesn't have the hole necessary for the targetmaster.

There are a couple of other oddities but these are the main ones. Overall it is still a beautiful catalog, one of the nicest I've seen. The back side is even more magnificent, it features the 1986 back of the box art in very high quality. Maybe even large enough to scale up for poster size, which I may explore in the future.


3 comments:

  1. I really like this catalog! I especially like the Trypticon and Sky Lynx walking at the bottom.

    Did the paperwork not have anything on the reverse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does, but it is difficult to scan, I may just take a picture to update, but I was able to get the obverse scanned in at a nice 600 dpi by doing one section at a time.

    ReplyDelete